Omnipod Dash Personal Diabetes Managers
The product being referred to in the user manual is the Omnipod DASH PDM. It is a device that requires charging and has a removable battery. The manual provides information on charging the battery, taking care of the pod and PDM, battery removal, and specifications related to charging temperature. It also includes instructions on what to do in case of battery deformity, color change, overheating, exposure to water, or when the PDM stops responding during Fastboot Mode.
Malangizo Ogwiritsira Ntchito Zogulitsa
- Refer to Chapter 2: Initial PDM Setup in the user manual for instructions on charging the battery.
- Ensure that the PDM is connected to a suitable power source using the provided charger.
- Follow the recommended charging time mentioned in the manual to fully charge the battery.
Kuchotsa Battery ku PDM:
- Read Chapter 9: Adjusting Settings for instructions on battery removal.
- Understand that there are certain alarms that cannot be silenced by removing the battery, as mentioned in Chapter 10: Alarms, Notifications, Communication Errors.
- In case you need to remove the battery for long-term storage, exposure to water, disposal, or if it shows deformity, color change, or overheating, follow the guidelines provided in Chapter 11: Taking Care of Your Pod and PDM.
- If you are replacing a battery after first-time set-up, refer to the relevant section in the manual.
Kuchuluka kwa Battery, Kutentha, Kapena Kuwonongeka:
- Mutu 11: Taking Care of Your Pod and PDM contains information on cleaning the PDM with liquid.
- If the battery shows deformity, color change, or overheating, take appropriate action as mentioned in the manual.
- In case the PDM gets wet or is dropped, damaged, swelling, bulging, or overheats during use, charging, or storage, do not use or charge it.
- Leave a warm or hot PDM unplugged and idle at room temperature on a metal surface until it cools down.
- Lumikizanani ndi Customer Care nthawi yomweyo kuti muthandizidwe.
Kulumikizana ndi Customer Care:
- If you notice the charging process taking too long, battery discharging too quickly, PDM being too hot to touch, swelling of the PDM and/or battery, smell of gas coming from the PDM and/or battery, or the wall charger getting too hot, contact Customer Care.
For any other queries, refer to the user manual or contact Customer Care for additional support.
Malangizo a Omnipod DASH® Battery Safety
Some battery safety instructions in your User Guide need to be updated.
Refer to this insert for up-to-date instructions about the Omnipod DASH® PDM battery.
- Chapter 2: Initial PDM Setup: charging the battery
- Mutu 11: Taking Care of Your Pod and PDM: charging
- Zowonjezera: PDM Specifications: charging temperature
- Updated information: Use only the micro USB charger provided by Insulet to charge your PDM. Contact Customer Care if you notice charging is taking too long or the battery is running out too quickly. Do not charge the PDM if the surrounding temperature is above 104°F (40°C). Do not charge the PDM in direct sunlight.
On removing the battery from the PDM:
- Mutu 9: Adjusting Settings: battery removal
- Mutu 10: Alarms, Notifications, Communication Errors: alarms that cannot be silenced
- Mutu 11: Taking Care of Your Pod and PDM: for long-term storage of the PDM for exposure to water for disposal of the battery
if the battery shows deformity, colour change, or is overheating if you are replacing a battery after first-time set-up
- Zowonjezera: if the PDM stops responding during Fastboot Mode
- Updated information: Do NOT remove the battery from the Omnipod DASH PDM for any reason, even if the User Guide or PDM screen recommends it for troubleshooting. If you find a situation where removal of the battery is recommended by the User Guide, do not remove the battery, and contact Customer Care.
On battery moisture, heat, or damage:
- Mutu 11: Taking Care of Your Pod and PDM: cleaning the PDM with liquid if the battery shows deformity, colour change, or is overheating dropping the battery
- Updated information: If the PDM gets wet, or if the PDM is dropped, damaged swelling, bulging, or overheats while charging, during use, or in storage, do not use or charge the PDM. Leave a warm or hot PDM unplugged and idle at room temperature on a metal surface until it cools down. Contact Customer Care immediately.
Lumikizanani ndi Makasitomala
Care if you notice the following: charging taking too long, the battery discharging too quickly, the PDM being too hot to touch, swelling of the PDM and/or battery, smell of gas coming from the PDM and/or battery, or the wall charger getting too hot.
PT-001268-AW Rev 001 11/22
Zolemba / Zothandizira
|Omnipod Dash Personal Diabetes Managers [pdf] Malangizo|
Dash Personal Diabetes Managers, Dash, Personal Diabetes Managers, Diabetes Managers