intpw IF506 USB-C Triple Display Docking Station
Q1: Will the universal docking station work with any laptop? How do I make sure my laptop works with this dock？
A: This MacBook dock works with laptops with a USB-C port that supports DisplayPort Alt Mode and Power Delivery or Thunderbolt 3 laptops. To confirm the USB-C port function of your laptop, consult your user manual or contact your laptop’s manufacturer. If your USB-C port doesn’t support DisplayPort Alt Mode, you won’t receive video output. If your USB-C port doesn’t support Power Delivery, the dock will work correctly with video and data (including audio and Ethernet), but would not be able to supply charging to your laptop.
Q2: The charging output of the dock is listed as 60W, which is lower than my MacBook charger’s output. Will the dock still be able to power my MacBook?
This dock supports up to 60W of charging via the USB-C PD port on the back of the dock (indicated with a computer icon). It will charge slower than a 87/96W MacBook charger, but it will still charge at a relatively high speed.
Q3 ：How many monitors does the dock support and what is the maximum resolution supported?
A: This USB dock supports connection to three external monitors: 2 via HDMI and 1 via DisplayPort.
- Single Monitor Resolution: 4K@60Hz (for DisplayPort 1.4) or 4K@30Hz (for DisplayPort 1.2);
- Dual Monitor Resolution: 2 x 4K@30Hz (for DisplayPort 1.4) or 2 x 1080p@60Hz (for DisplayPort 1.2);
- Triple Monitor Resolution: 1 x 4K@30Hz and 2 x 1080p@60Hz(for DisplayPort 1.4) or 1 x 1080p@60Hz and 2 x 800×600@60Hz (for DisplayPort 1.2).
- For macOS system, Triple Monitor Resolution: 3 x 4K@30Hz
ZINDIKIRANI: macOS only supports Single-Stream Transport (SST), and doesn’t support Multi-Stream Transport(MST)
Q4:What are MST and SST? And what are Alternate Modes and Power Delivery of the USB-C 3.1 Gen2 port?
- Multi-Stream Transport (MST): All connected monitors can display different content, macOS does not support MST technology.
- Single-Stream Transport (SST): All connected monitors will display the same content.
- Alternate Modes: allow certain non-USB data and protocols (such as host video) to be sent over a USB-C cable.
- Kutumiza Mphamvu: enables you to power the supported system without the need for a traditional proprietary OEM charger.
Q5: Do I need to install any drivers to use the dock?
Q6: Is this dock compatible with computers that have a Thunderbolt 3 port?
A: Yes, however, it can only deliver a maximum bandwidth of 10Gbps, so it cannot not reach the maximum bandwidth of Thunderbolt 3 (40Gbps).
Q7:How to set Mirror Mode or Extend Mode?
- For Win laptops: Click the Graphic Settings or Win+P to choose mirror or extend mode
- For MacBook laptops: Apple logo-System Preferences-Displays-Mirror Display(Yes or Not)
Q8:.When I connect to macbook, I can’t extend the display of my desktop, why?
A: If you select non-mirror(extended mode) for OS systems laptop (Apple Laptop), it can only supports 3 duplicate (mirror) external monitors, but your laptop screen can be different image from 3 external monitors due to apple system restrictions.
Q9:Why do I have no display when the dock station is connected?
- Make sure the type c power delivery port on you laptop is USB 3.1 Type-C (Gen2) or Thunderbolt 3 port (supports PD charging). That means the native type c port of laptop need to support video signal output.
- Check your HDMI cable.
- Ensure sufficient power supply from the docking station.
Q10:.Why is my laptop screen black when I extend 3 monitors on my windows system laptop?
A: For Intel Graphics Card, it only supports 3 screens display, thus one of four screens (including laptop screen) will not be displayed. For AMD Graphics Card, all of four screens will be displayed.
Q11: When I plug in or plug out on this docking station, hdmi or DP monitors go black for 2–4 seconds and then recover? Is this normal?
A: Please do not worry and be patient waiting for it. It is a process of EDID (Extended Display Identification Data) communication, which may blackout screen for a few seconds. The recovery time depends on laptop and monitor (1 minute at max).
Q11: Why does the dock feel warm?
A: When charging or transferring data at high speed, the dock’s temperature may increase. But the solid aluminum material and structure make this docking station dual monitor with better heat dissipation effect. So don’t worry, this is within the normal limits of the dock’s operation.
Zolemba / Zothandizira
|intpw IF506 USB-C Triple Display Docking Station [pdf] Buku Logwiritsa Ntchito|
IF506 USB-C Triple Display Docking Station, IF506, USB-C Triple Display Docking Station, Triple Display Docking Station, Display Docking Station, Docking Station, Station